The Clerk is also the Parish Custodian of Voting Machines.
Under this title, the Clerk is responsible for the following:
• Qualifing local candidates. Click here for Secretary
of State Qualifing information and forms.
• Chair of the Parish Board of Election Supervisors.
• Training election Commissioners and maintaining the
master list of Commissioners-in-Charge and Commissioners.
• Send all notices to Commissioners, Commissioners-in-Charge,
voting machine key custodians, and building custodians.
• Delivery of the voting machines to election precincts.
• Sealing and opening voting machines.
• Tabulation of election results.